CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
Fashion Designer Competition
For young designer organised by Creative Asia Foundation
A Competition aims to boost up the most promising talent in Fashion and support them a fast track in their career to the Asian Market, has been opened for entries. AFW Design Award is an annual Fashion Design Competition for fashion designer students or young designer who has started their career in the Fashion industry. The prize would be impressing support for the most talented designers who win the title of “Best Design”. We will offer a commercial opportunity with marketing investment and manufactory support, a total FREE label runway opportunity for these young designers.
1. Submissions must be received by December 31, 2019 and May 1, 2020
2. Award announcements：January 20, 2020 and June 20, 2020
February 2020：Only Australian citizens or designers holding a valid Australian visa are eligible.
June 2020：Both Australian and Asian - Pacific region designers are eligible with eligible visa to Australia.
4. Participation details:
• Participants must submit complete materials (CV with a cover letter, application form and digital portfolio with introduction)
• Submissions must be sent to before December 31, 2019 and May 1, 2020.
• Please follow the WeChat official account Asia Media or official website:
The jury panel will assess the designers’ creativity, innovation, craftsmanship, uniqueness and the element of sustainability. All portfolio will send to each jury for comment.
After the closing day, AFW will sort all application and select the finalists to enter into the finals and offer the opportunity to have a special interview with all jury. Then the jury will select the best designer and the winner to won the Runway opportunity in August. The designer will also be invited to our Fashion Charity Gala Dinner to have Designer Award.
Who can enter?
You must be young designers or students in the Fashion Design Industry
No age limit and encourage who is the newcomer in this exciting industry
No entry fee
Submissions must be received by December 31, 2019 and May 1, 2020
Phase 1 Primary: In January and May, up to 10 works will be determined by AFW Committee based on review of digital portfolio and application elements.
Phase 2 Finalists: In late January and May, up to 3 finalists will be selected for interview and assessment. The top 3 works will be qualified for the final, and be made a suit of
clothes according to the design scheme submitted. (The interview and assessment scores will be included in the results of the final).
Phase 3 Award: The competition rewards winners with the title of “BEST DESIGN” and a commercial opportunity with marketing investment and manufactory support, including a
FREE label runway, sponsors for accommodations, a discounted membership fee to enter Creative Asia, which is an Asian fashion organisation, and more.
The competition rewards winners with the title of “BEST DESIGN” and career -changing prizes to maximise long-term impact. We will offer a commercial opportunity with
marketing investment and manufactory support, including a FREE label runway, sponsors for accommodations, a discounted membership fee to enter Creative Asia,
which is an Asian fashion organisation, and more.
• First Prize – Runway + Best Designer + Creative Asia Vip Membership Pack (Valued at $33,000)
• Second Prize – Runway + Creative Asia Gold Membership Pack (Valued at $22,000)
• Third Prize – Creative Asia Membership Pack (Valued at $5,000)
How to summit?
1. Design at least 6 completed outfits per entry including womenswear, menswear, kidswear or a mixed of all sorts according to the theme of the competition.
2. Please prepare a portfolio that includes:
1) An English CV with a personal cover letter
2) Collection introduction and concept explanation
3) Digital portfolio (e.g. mood boards, idea sketches, and final designs)
3. Materials for competition will not be returned, please keep the manuscripts. The committee shall have the right to promote, publish and display the works and apparels
made by participants during the competition.
4. All work designed for the competition must be the participant’s original creations.
Should there be any copied ones, the participants shall be disqualified and cannot take part in this competition within three years.
5. Personal information and certificates on works for competition submitted by participants must be authentic and valid. Those who submit false ones will be disqualified and reported to relevant departments.
6. Participants must obey the rules of the competition strictly and follow the schedules and arrangements.
7. The right of final interpretation to this competition shall be held by the organising committee.
8. Please note that all dates and deadlines are subject to change at AFW’s discretion.