Entries & Awards
Asia Design Award 2021
COVID19 LOCK DOWN UPDATE
Caring for the safety and well-being of our designers and fashion lovers has been and always will be our most important priority, especially during challenging times recently. As global health concerns continue to develop, our team is working diligently behind the scenes, coordinating with local authorities in monitoring and assessing overall impact, while actively supporting the designers, teams, and venues that will utilise for our events.
While two major events Asian Fashion Week & Design Award and other relevant fashion activities, unfortunately, have had to be postponed, we are working with many of our event partners to see how best to reschedule each event for your enjoyment. As you can imagine, this takes time, so we truly appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this new territory.
In order to provide you with as much information as we can, please subscribe to our website: www.asianfashionweek.org which will be consistently updated with changes to the status of all impacted events, so feel free to check back often.
For now, we want to thank you for being such a valued part of the program Asia Design Award 2021. The result announcement and relevant reward events would be delayed. The Exhibition Event of Winner's Collection in August 2021 will be postponed. We are working around the clock on solutions and truly apologize for any inconvenience. We’d like to take a moment to offer our most sincere support to any of the parties who have been affected by COVID-19. We wish everyone the best health and safety during this difficult time, and we look forward to returning to our favorite events as soon as possible.
Event Management Team
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
Fashion Designer Competition
For young designer organised by Creative Asia Foundation
A Competition aims to boost up the most promising talent in Fashion and support them on a fast track in their career to the Asian Market, has been opened for entries. AFW Design Award is an annual Fashion Design Competition for fashion designer students or young designer who has started their career in the Fashion industry. The prize would be impressing support for the most talented designers who win the title of “Best Design”. We will offer a commercial opportunity with marketing investment and manufactory support, a total FREE label runway opportunity for these young designers.
1. Submissions must be received by August 1st, 2021
2. Award announcements: August 10, 2021
Both Australian and Asian - Pacific region designers are eligible with eligible visa to Australia.
4. Participation details:
• Participants must submit complete materials (CV with a cover letter, application form, and digital portfolio with introduction)
• Submissions must be sent to Hello@Asianfashionweek.org before August 1st, 2021.
• Please follow the WeChat official account Asia Media or official website: www.asianfashionweek.org
The jury panel will assess the designers’ creativity, innovation, craftsmanship, uniqueness, and the element of sustainability. All portfolios will send to each jury for comment.
After the closing day, AFW will sort all applications and select the finalists to enter into the finals and offer the opportunity to have a special interview with all jury. Then the jury will select the best designer and the winner to won the Runway opportunity in August. The designer will also be invited to our Fashion Charity Gala Dinner to have the Designer Award.
Who can enter?
You must be young designers or students in the Fashion Design Industry
No age limit and encourage who is the newcomer in this exciting industry
No entry fee
Submissions must be received by August 1, 2020
Phase 1 Primary: From March to August, up to 10 works will be determined by AFW Committee based on a review of digital portfolio and application elements.
Phase 2 Finalists: In late August, up to 3 finalists will be selected for interview and assessment. The top 3 works will be qualified for the final, and be made a suit of
clothes according to the design scheme submitted. (The interview and assessment scores will be included in the results of the final).
Phase 3 Award: The competition rewards winners with the title of “BEST DESIGN” and a commercial opportunity with marketing investment and manufactory support, including a
FREE label runway, sponsors for accommodations, a discounted membership fee to enter Creative Asia, which is an Asian fashion organisation, and more.
The competition rewards winners with the title of “BEST DESIGN” and career-changing prizes to maximise long-term impact. We will offer a commercial opportunity with
marketing investment and manufactory support, including a FREE label runway, sponsors for accommodations, a discounted membership fee to enter Creative Asia,
which is an Asian fashion organisation, and more.
• First Prize – Runway + Best Designer + Creative Asia Vip Membership Pack (Valued at $33,000)
• Second Prize – Runway + Creative Asia Gold Membership Pack (Valued at $22,000)
• Third Prize – Creative Asia Membership Pack (Valued at $5,000)
How to submit?
1. Design at least 6 completed outfits per entry including womenswear, menswear, kidswear, or a mix of all sorts according to the theme of the competition.
2. Please prepare a portfolio that includes:
1) An English CV with a personal cover letter
2) Collection introduction and concept explanation
3) Digital portfolio (e.g. mood boards, idea sketches, and final designs)
3. Materials for the competition will not be returned, please keep the manuscripts. The committee shall have the right to promote, publish and display the works and apparels
made by participants during the competition.
4. All work designed for the competition must be the participant’s original creations.
Should there be any copied ones, the participants shall be disqualified and cannot take part in this competition within three years.
5. Personal information and certificates on works for competition submitted by participants must be authentic and valid. Those who submit false ones will be disqualified and reported to relevant departments.
6. Participants must obey the rules of the competition strictly and follow the schedules and arrangements.
7. The right of final interpretation of this competition shall be held by the organising committee.
8. Please note that all dates and deadlines are subject to change at AFW’s discretion.